Re: Freewheeling needs love

Le 10/01/2011 17:33, Jorge Salgueiro a écrit :
1. freewheeling needs love. Brave coder take a step to front :D
I love it :)
I had great moment playing with it.
After JP Mercury has left fweelin developpement I had to admit that I needed to find another live looping app. I tried sooperlooper, it's great! not as fun as fweelin but rock solid and efficient.
2. I have some problems that I don't if they are from freewheeling or
from my kxstudio system. Yes I'm not a coder and I barely can
understand what happens and why it happens. If you guys what to help
me and need more info on the problems that I have just ask me.
If you want to continue to use freewheeling you have to Do It Yourself, I wasn't able to use default key bindings with non US keyboard you have to understand and modify ~/.fheelin/*.xml (look at config-help.txt for the key codes and also a console output to see actual key code when you press a key) It is very time consuming, but if you are a DIYer you'll have great moment, because you
can do many things with the XML configuration.
But IMHO you should not (unless a new dev take the lead) loose to much time on a unmaintained application, one day it will not work and linux distro maintainers will stop packaging it :(

Yes it's sad... especially because fweelin is (one of?) the best audio app I ever used...

nomoa.