Re: LV2, DSSI and the future of plugins

On 01/14/2011 01:27 PM, Jeremy Jongepier wrote:

Don't forget native Linux VST's, their number is steadily growing also.
I think I have about 60 to 70 of those sitting on my harddrive.
Unfortunately there are very few hosts.

I'd rather like to use LV2 plugins, for VST plugins you need those Steinberg stuff iirc, and mosts hosts you have to compile in a special way. Not a big deal maybe, but LV2 and DSSI doesn't have these hassles and are made for Linux.

About synths: Yoshimi is good, so is PHASEX, Ingen is interesting but unstable afaik, Whysynth has some interesting patches (amsynth, akai), but Louigi is probably someone who is better in judging this stuff then I am.

\r