Re: Freewheeling needs love

On Mon, 10 Jan 2011, Jorge Salgueiro wrote:

2. I have some problems that I don't if they are from freewheeling or
from my kxstudio system. Yes I'm not a coder and I barely can
understand what happens and why it happens. If you guys what to help
me and need more info on the problems that I have just ask me.

FW has a really cool interactive GUI. However, that GUI is crash-prone. This is probably the problem you are having. I have never been able to make FW work reliably on any system I've owned.

JP Mercury pretty much wrote the GUI like a video game... so it's not using any sort of widget kits or anything. This means that whoever picks up the project has to either learn a new API to maintain it, or dump it and start fresh with some other implementation. Not fun either way.

-gabriel