Re: VB3?

Peter Nelson wrote:
On Sat, 2011-01-01 at 21:02 -0800, Ken Restivo wrote:

His Hammond sound was quite good, and he said it was VB3. I looked it
up:
http://www.genuinesoundware.com/?a=showproduct&b=24

Hmm. They're based in Italia, where is also the company that bought
the rights to Beatrix. I have to wonder, is VB3 actually Beatrix?

Assuming it's based on ORGANized trio, which is another older VSTi by
GSi: http://www.kvraudio.com/get/682.html

... then it's made with SynthEdit:
http://www.kvraudio.com/db/296

Peter

As Peter points out, there's no relation between Beatrix and VB3. You know, I hear Italy is quite a big country with at least a handful of inhabitants ;-)

Also, VB3 is not SynthEdit. The GUI is very similar to Guido's old freeware ORGANized Trio, but IIRC the code is done from the ground up and is much improved and there are continual improvements (ORGANized has been abandoned for several years). If it were SynthEdit, it would say so on VB3's entry in the KVR database:

http://www.kvraudio.com/get/2829.html

From the discussions I've seen, many KVR users rate VB3 much more highly than the old Native Instruments B4II and his physical modelling emulations of Rhodes, Wurli and Clav are very highly regarded as well.