flac2ogg in python - the right way = cross platform

Hi

I'm doing some conversion from flac to ogg in python and I wrap sox for the actual conversion. I'm happy with it myself (I only run linux), but the script has the potential for reaching non-linux users. It seems there's no build-in (as in batteries included) way of converting from flac to ogg in python across platforms. Is this the sad truth? If so, what could be done to make the script work on the other platforms?

--
Atte

http://atte.dk   http://modlys.dk