Re: (double) bass samples for Linuxsampler

Mark Knecht wrote:
I don't know. Possibly not. GigaStudio is dead. A focus by the LAU
Sampler community to remain *.gig focused may cause problems longer
term.

I own GigaStudio 3 & 4 but also other samplers as well, as dedicated
sample players. Over time I'm slowly migrating to other sample file
formats for that reason.

Hi Mark,

I'm curious, what formats currently dominate the Windows sampler worlds ? Are any of them open-source formats ?

Also, in your opinion is SFZ/SF2 a decent replacement for GIG ?

All my samplers are Windows-based so I don't face these issues.

Until they die too. :)

Best,

dp