Re: qtractor 0.4.7 - part 2

On 12/29/2010 11:24 AM, Dave Phillips wrote:
Kim Cascone wrote:
OK many thanks to Dave and Rui! :) - missing Jack dev files was the problem

it seems that after my upgrade the dev files were not installed

so I installed them and was able to compile qtractor with vst - I tested it with discoDSP/highlife sampler and it works

one problem though...I am not able to use LV2 plugs

how do I set the 'configure' to include the services listed below?

Version: 0.4.7
Build: Dec 28 2010 11:57:17
MPEG-1 Audio Layer 3 (libmad) file support disabled.
Pitch-shifting support (librubberband) disabled.
OSC service support (liblo) disabled.
DSSI Plug-in support disabled.
LV2 Plug-in support disabled.
JACK Session support disabled.

Hi Kim,

At first look I'd say you're missing the dev packages for those features. So you'll need libmad-dev, liblo-dev, and so forth.
ok -- I guess much of my dev files didn't get re-installed on my upgrade for some reason
will check it out and try again

You shouldn't have to do anything else if things are in their expected locations, the LV2 support is enabled by default in the configure script.

The script will throw the errors you've received if it doesn't find the dev packages.
I didn't see anything in the './configure' stage but I was basically only looking for vst success then -- will try again and see what's going on

You may need to compile JACK yourself for session support, but someone else will have to verify that. I'm still on Jack1 on my machines.
it's using Jack
I'm still on jackdmp version 1.9.6
because upgrading to 2 would wipe out all my apps - so says Synaptic

thanks again!!
KIM

HTH,

dp