Re: USB ISO Read and write

On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 10:00 AM, Basavaraj Hiremath <hraj50@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,
I have implemented/ported USB device driver on the custom platform(ARM processor).
I am trying to read and write audio data through to USB headphone.
These are my questions?

1) USB isochronous read is an asynchronous call, how can I read data from the mic and send immediatly to speaker(just to make echo),

2) How much data needs to be read from the mic and send to speaker without loosing audio quality?(is it every frames (1msec data) or more buffering can be done)

Basically, how can I read from mic and send to speaker continuously without loosing data?

this is all basic ALSA programming that has nothing specifically to do with USB. i suggest you read a few basic ALSA programming tutorials. although i don't think that mine is particularly good, its easy to find online. a google search for

    alsa programming tutorial

will provide several useful links.