Re: Building gigasamples

Hello Mark1
  I think the task I'm asking for is even easier. Consider this link:
http://www.sampletekk.com/eprod/How%20To%20Make%20WG%20GS3%20File.pdf
What they do, is sell samples in a multi-format distribution. ou get the amples, trimmed and grommed for direct use, together with an .nki file and maybe ex24 or whatever else. You also get a gigfile, with all the right configurations, but if you want to use the gigfile, you have to open it in gigastudio - or if less than 2GB you can do it in gigedit already - and import the wav-files. the directories and gig-files are setup so, that you just click on the folder and say "import" or "build" or whatever they call it and then the samples get copied into the gig-file. All envelopes, keyswithcing, filters, offsets and groups and what else there is, is already made up. They just do it, to save space on the server, I suppose. So I'm not asking for magic, just for a kind of mini-program, which automates something like: open gig-file, mark folder, press button and do the work. The functions should be there in the gigedit code. Just this time, I want it to work without the GUI, since I can't touch it. And it is a bit tiresome to ask a friend. Because that usually means, putting the files on the net, the other party downloading, building the gig and then uploading again, so I can download it. - In some cases this is inevitable, where the gigs will be larger than 2GB, but anything else, is certainly a task I would like to perform. :-)
  Kindly yours
          Julien

--------

http://ltsb.sourceforge.net