Re: Sampler project. First volley of questions

Y-ellow Paul, Ronald 'n' all.
Thanks for that. I can't quite tell what the CPU is on the tiny boards without powering them up. I don't have a manual for them or anything. However the slightly bigger one is a brand new ASUS I220GC. In box with all the bits. This thing apparently sports a celeron 200. I can't glean the speed from the manual but I gather it's at least 1.2 Ghz. The board has S/PDIF out which at least ticks that box. Apparently the celeron 200 is 64 bit?

I'm not sure this would be fast enough for a fully fledged sampler but it might make a fairly wicked little synth.

So excuse my ignorance but which would be the best audio distro to use? I was about to download slackware13. Slack has been my weapon of choice for years but if there's something better I should go with, then I'm all ears.

Thanks in advance.

Be absolutely icebox.

| "_ \      | |         batzman-lau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                / ,__