Re: Write down music for practicing?

On 2010-10-20 19:41, Erik Steffl wrote:

  I have lot of sheet music for practicing (guitar) and would love to
have a simple way to put it into computer so that I can play it.

Something that makes it easy to write music, could be just text (like
http://abc.sourceforge.net/)

I prefer abc over lilypond. The input is more compact and human readable, and the output is quite good. I use it for all my teaching which includes a book on music theory, a book an improvisation plus arrangements I write for everything from two pianos to a jazz sextet to an 10 mand soul band.

Just make sure you use abcm2ps (http://moinejf.free.fr/) which is the best implementation of abc-to-postscript by far. You might find my own abctool (http://atte.dk/abctool/) useful too...

--
Atte

http://atte.dk   http://modlys.dk