Re: yoshimi + jack session

On 21/10/10 02:16, alex stone wrote:
[ ... ]
Cal, just installed this, and it works fine doing its normal thing on
gentoo 64bit, fluxbox WM, jack 0.119.0.

There is,allegedly, jack-session support in qjackctl, but at the
moment, this version of Yoshimi doesn't show up in the qjackctl
session panel as a client. This may well be something i'm not doing
right here, so don't panic.

... clearly that doesn't sound right.

(I may try and find Torben's pyjacksm, and install that to cross-check)

pyjacksm is where it gets interesting - for me it works, but for Dan (allcoms)
it doesn't.

[ ... ]

I've had to manually add the .yoshimi folder to save yoshimi.state.
However, i save a state, including loaded instruments, then quit,
saving the current state, and when i reopen Y, the state is blank with
no previously saved instruments saved. (This may be a challenge for
the future, not sure what the current behaviour should be.)

Sounds like the setup of $HOME/.config/yoshimi/ still needs work. Saving
session state from yoshimi via menu etc is unrelated to jack session support.
The Save Session thing allows you to reload a given configuration via a
command line param - it doesn't deal with audio/midi connections in any way.
Jack session save/load does similar/related things, but it doesn't go to
the yoshimi.state file. The jack session manager dictates where the app
should store the session data.
The jack session stuff in qjackctl works though. I can't re-open apps
with it, (again, not sure if this supposed to happen), but it does
re-instate the jack-session saved connections as it should.

That doesn't sound right either. Loading a session should bring up the
relevant app(s) as well as restoring their connections.

Not sure what other info you need.

nor am I :-(.

Thanks Alex, much appreciated.

cheers.