Re: USB soundcard recommendation

On 10/03/2010 04:08 PM, allcoms wrote:
Hi Jeremy!

On Sun, Oct 3, 2010 at 2:49 PM, Jeremy Jongepier<autostatic@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
On 10/03/2010 12:41 PM, allcoms wrote:

Essentially I'd like two recommendations for this- a real budget
device that just has audio out (maybe 35mm input too) but also a
slightly more costly alternative with a phantom power capable XLR mic
input should he want to do overdubs at home.

Budget: Behringer UCA202: http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/UCA202.aspx

Price is certainly right on that one but it can't handle 96Khz so its no use

Slightly more costly alternative: Cakewalk by Roland UA-25EX (the successor
of the Edirol UA-25): http://www.roland.com/products/en/UA-25EX/

Thats the sort of thing he may get if he's willing to chuck a bit more
money at it, yes.

Anyone here have any experience with the 25EX under Linux or know of
something like the 202 but with 96Khz capability?

Thanks,

Dan

Hello Dan,

Oops, didn't check the specs of that Behringer thingy, assumed it could do 96Khz. And regarding the UA-25(EX), I've got one and it works like a charm, I never use it at 96Khz though. Bear in mind that @ 96Khz a USB1 soundcard cannot run full duplex.

Best,

Jeremy