Re: Subject: Albums under a label recorded and/or mixed with Linux

On 28.09.2010 16:11, Arnold Krille wrote:
On Tuesday 28 September 2010 14:51:09 Patrick Shirkey wrote:

On Tue, September 28, 2010 5:14 am, Arnold Krille wrote:

On Tuesday 28 September 2010 13:15:57 Patrick Shirkey wrote:

Just for the sake of clarity, now the problem is that jamin doesn't have
real parametric eq?
Or is the main issue that it uses more resources than necessary and can
be
optimised?

My issue is that it has an awfully bloated filter (which is suboptimal
according to fons) taking up a lot of cpu-power, while for me it could
perfectly to with a parametric eq (either three bands + shelve or four
bands).

Ok, Thanks for the clarification.  I am pretty sure you know already that
there are two eq modes in jamin? 30 band multi and 3 band parametric with
shelves. However there is not 4 band. It wouldn't be that hard to add
though if you are serious about it as the three band code is a good place
to start.

If I understood Fons and yourself correctly, the "parametric eq" is just
another way of modifying the response of the big filter.

My idea is _not_ to *add* a three-band parametric, but to *replace* the
convolution-based eq with one of the very fine ladspa plugins of parametric eq.

1+ for kokkinizita's 4-band-parametric!

cheers,
doc
This should lower cpu-usage quite a lot. And if your audio signal needs a 31-
band or a free-hand-drawn equalizer, you are better off with fixing the mix or
using freqtweak, I think.

Have fun,

Arnold