Re: No batch processing on Linux?

Am 22.09.2010 11:11, schrieb Louigi Verona:
Hey guys!

Yeah, I am not saying it is anyone's fault and my CLI abilities are very
basic. Also, even when I do research such stuff, I forget it quickly. For
instance, I remember testing a CLI command to convert photos from one size
to another.

Image Magick?

#!/bin/bash
# resize all jpg-pics in a folder

mkdir web;
mkdir web/thumbs;

for img in `ls *.jpg`
do
 convert -resize 620x470  -quality 70 $img  web/$img

done

It was very fast and efficient and I was really convinced that
it is much faster than firing up a GUI program. However, when I had to do a
similar task some months later, at that moment I had no access to the
Internet and I could not remember what command that was and how to use it.
So eventually I had to give up.
Same with file encoding. It does not come up very often, when it does - will
I remember the command?

I will try Gnome SoundConverter, thanks for this GUI suggestion. CLI
suggestions are also very welcome, I will try them anyway, of course.