Re: Video tutorial on using a vocoder in Qtractor

On 21.09.2010 00:19, Jeremy Jongepier wrote:
Hello everyone,

Just uploaded a new video tutorial to YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yN40LFkeeaQ

It's about using the Sirlab Vocoder LADSPA plugin in Qtractor. I ditched
recordMyDesktop in favor of ffmpeg with jack_capture within a nested
Xephyr session with a 1280x720 resolution (apparently YouTube likes this
best). The quality improved drastically.

Cool tutorial! I've used standalone version of Sirlab Vocoder and it's pretty good.

Just one technical comment though. Maybe you wanted it that way, or maybe you just said it wrong, but usually (for that classic vocoder effect) synth is used as a carrier and voice as a formant (which is also called modulator).

Cheers!
Igor

Best,

Jeremy