Re: Other Places

Folderol wrote:

Finally, I also make postings on :-
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=14
This is the KVR music cafe. It is a popular site and has a *very*
fast music turnover of just about every style imaginable. Sadly I think
I'm the only Linux player on there :(

I particularly enjoy the monthly themed contest. It forces you out of
complacency as you never know what the theme will be. This month is
easy actually. The tune can be what you like but must include at least
one child's toy instrument (samples are accepted). Also, this month you
have to write at least 10 reviews of other artists work :)

Nope, you're not alone. I know that I'm as far away from prodigious as it's possible to be, only ever very rarely posting incomplete sections of pieces, however, I have posted music oh, possibly three times on KVR. That's almost habitual! In fact, I do believe you commented on one of the pieces, but I think it was one that I've never posted here, so you might not have connected me there with me here, not that I ever post much here either. I really need to buck up my ideas :-)

Our own dp has posted at least one track on KVR that I remember. There are several other Linux users on KVR, but how many of them post music I don't know. I've learnt a lot from the site, but I can see that it is an acquired taste and could be a little off-putting to newbies :-)

Sadly, I've lost touch with it in the last couple of months -- it used to be my daily lunchtime soap opera and car-crash watching, a wonderful, and sometimes informative, diversion from work. But lately I have a lot more time on my hands and it's all devoted to looking for work :-( (No, I wasn't sacked for inappropriate internet usage, just made redundant!)

Q (aka Lost_Highway)