Re: New workstation | DAW pc

Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
On Wed, 2010-09-08 at 18:12 -1000, david wrote:
Kevin Cosgrove wrote:
On 7 September 2010 at 19:55, david <gnome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Design a case like a chimney and let the hot air rise on it's own. ;-)
... and avoid putting the hottest things at the bottom where they raise the heat of all the rest of the things in the case above them.
Yup, my diagrammed design had the PS at the top, with the PS fan on the TOP of the PS.

I think if you applied information about airflow dynamics, you could come up with a "chimney" design that made the air swirl up, moving it toward the sides of the chimney and away from the components.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_Mac_G4_Cube

No fans and a chimney... :-)

That's right, I'd forgotten about the Cube.

I'd diagrammed my chimney design quite a few years before the Cube came out. Didn't patent it. Clearly Steve Jobs stole my idea! ;-)

Of course if you block the chimney...
http://support.apple.com/kb/TA44017?viewlocale=en_US

Can't tell, it won't come up in Konqueror.

--
David
gnome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx