Re: New workstation | DAW pc

On 09/09/2010 12:37 PM, david wrote:

A high-speed hard drive can generate a lot of heat, too, while still working fine. I have 7200rpm drives in my server boxes, and they get quite warm. Can't imagine what it would be like with a 10K or 15K drive in there!

Just curious, but how much heat do SSDs generate?

It depends, but usually SSDs generate very little heat. Check out the spec for power consumption for the drive you are interested in.

The Intel X25-M for example consumes only 0.15W when active, but you can get SSDs that use several Watts.

/ Hans