Re: re Subconscious Affecting Music

Hakan Koseoglu wrote:
On 2 September 2010 07:52, david <gnome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I don't mean to be offensive, but that does sound an awful lot like what
parents were saying when Elvis came out.  :)
I studied and played ragtime quite a bit. That was the "popular music" my
grandmother loved when she was young. One time when I was playing some
ragtime at her house, she came over and said, "Oh, you're playing that dirty
ragtime music." That was what her parents had said about ragtime when it was
popular!
I'm pretty sure when Mozart came out to play & conduct a concert, a
couple of ladies fainted and old women always said the same thing. :)

Back then, in the circles where Mozart performed, everyone had active sexual affairs going on. The old women were probably saying to the young ones, "Don't do it with him, he'll just use you and dump you!" while being perfectly willing to use him for their own pleasure ...

(Note: The concerts used to be a lot more energetic those days, the
silent, passive listeners were not (here's a good rant about iit
http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2010/mar/08/classical-music-applause-rule-obama))

Yah. Audience participation!

--
David