Re: specimen midi cc / simple lv2 sampler?

On Mon, 2 Aug 2010, allcoms wrote:

Composite[2] is similar to Specimen and has an LV2 sampler plugin (but no
LV2 sampler GUI).  It uses "drum kits" that are identical to Hydrogen's.
 It's not as nice as Specimen... but it is similar and LV2.

Does composite support MIDI cc? Thats not a must-have really but would

Yes. Here's a link to the Composite Sampler LV2 MIDI Implementation:

http://gabe.is-a-geek.org/composite/plugins/sampler/1/composite_midi.html

From withing `composite-gui` you can also set up a "MIDI
Map" to trigger specific events whenever some other MIDI Event is received.

certainly be nice. I'll have to try composite anyway but have you got
plans to add a GUI as I think most people would see that as a

Yes, everything is planned to be gooey.

For now, you can edit things using `composite-gui` -- and then later load them via LV2 and control a number of things via MIDI (including Program Change).

-gabriel