Re: Sharing sound card

Hans Fong wrote:

Haven't been using Linux for sound recording for some 5 years now, so I
feel rather out-of-date. I used to use jackd, rosegarden, timemachine,
etc, but I left the music
behind and now into ham radio.

I have a fresh Kubuntu install (10.4) and I want to run Fldigi (which
reads line-in and does PCM out) and simultaneously record everything
that is being read-in and transmitted out. Fldigi is no jack
application and I can't find a workaround to make it like jack. I also
can't find out how to directly talk to my sound card (Ensoniq ENS1371).
It must be possible to share and route all the audio in my box, or not?

Does Fldigi use OSS? Then maybe the alsa-oss wrapper would make it appear on JACK's connection list?

Sorry, I don't really know, maybe that will get you started.

--
David
gnome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx