Re: sample preview program?

Bernardo Barros wrote:
looks interesting, but if you hit mplayer then you get out of mc,
right?

I don't believe so. When you exit from mplayer, you return to the MC shell still running MC. MC fires off the selected file viewer in a subshell.

I know I routinely start MC, then run a shell script I codged together from one I found on the internet that generates a playlist from my music collection and proceeds to start playing it in random order using mplayer. When I quit from mplayer, I'm back at MC ...

Inside emacs you don't have to leave dired mode. Yeah, but
mplayer can read more file formats.

But I always thought emacs was a complete operating system unto itself! ;-)