Re: OT: youtube-dl stopped working

On 24.07.2010 08:20, david wrote:
Ken Restivo wrote:
On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 02:29:44PM +0200, Dragan Noveski wrote:
On 22.07.2010 21:58, Ken Restivo wrote:
The youtube-dl script all of a sudden stopped working today.

I went to their website and there's only one issue open on this, from several days ago, no replies, seems to be no action on this.

Is youtube-dl actively maintained? Did Google make it impossible for youtube-dl to work anymore? What's the story? Is anyone working on fixing this? Are there alternatives that actually still work?

Thanks.

-ken
hallo,
as i know, youtube-dl is a script which is changing pretty often, because youtube himself do some changes...the version in sidux repo is 2010.07.14-1 and it worked just two or 3 days ago, but not any more. the error is the same phillip has: ERROR: format not available for video

i suppose that is gonna be updated soon.

...ok, i just rechecked - on the youtube-dl site, there is already an update and it works well here:

http://bitbucket.org/rg3/youtube-dl/wiki/Home

Thanks! That works now.

I'd forgotten to check their repository too, which might have gotten me a working version a day or two ago.

Thanks again everyone.

Hmmm, just downloaded it and tried it here, and it doesn't work. It says setting language, downloading page. Then it returns to the command prompt and nothing downloads.

that's strange?! i just tried it again in order to see if it works, and it does.
what does youtube-dl -v say?
here:

nowhiskey@murija5:~/Desktop$ youtube-dl -v
2010.07.22