Re: Hmmm

Philipp Überbacher wrote:
Excerpts from Louigi Verona's message of 2010-07-21 21:48:00 +0200:
On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 11:46 PM, Folderol<folderol@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

Just did an update on one of my debian (squeeze) systems and audacity
was one of the updates. It no longer recognised jack :(

Everything else is OK, and audacity works without jack.

Suggestions anyone?

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk

I am on Ubuntu Jaunty and here Audacity never had any jack support. In fact,
to this point I did not even know there is JACK support in Audacity!
Yes here as well (ubuntu) I gave up trying to use audacity with jack a long time ago... And actually gave up very much using it at all.
Lorenzo
It usually has through portaudio, which seems to be broken by design
with regards to jack. At least in audacity it only exposes jack ports
and auto connects them to the first two ins and outs when transport is
rolling. This is basically working around jacks purpose.