Re: [OT] Farming Implements and bad puns (was Re: Wired... wires confused!)

Someone wrote:

Musical saws have always intrigued me ...

I saw Charles Mingus a couple of time in the 70s. On one gig Ed Blackwell played drums. Mingus announced a piece that included Blackwell on the saw, he gave a litle lecture first on how it's a real musical instrument and we should respect it. I don't recall the piece he played, other than that it was pleasant sounding music, nothing atonal or especially far out.

Mingus was very serious about it all, he didn't want people thinking it was a comedic thing.

Best,

dp