Re: midi bonanza: scanned player-piano roll archives!

Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas wrote:
This is not exactly on-topic, but it reminds me the pieces recorded on the Yamaha Disklavier, a modern glorified and MIDIfied pianola. The Minnesota International Piano-e-Competition participants record their performances using these devices, and after the contest the resulting MIDI files are available on the site http://www.piano-e-competition.com For instance, this Stravinsky's Petrouchka, played by Alessandro Taverna http://www.piano-e-competition.com/MIDIFiles/2009/Taverna03.MID

Many years ago I attended a NAMM show in Anaheim CA. Yamaha had their own showrooms, including one with a trio consisting of Chick Corea, Dave Weckl, and John Pattitucci. All Corea's playing was recorded on the Diskclavier, I'd love to know what happened to those sequences.

That trio was astonishing, one of the best jazz groups I've heard yet.

Best,

dp