Re: recording videos for youtube with a webcam under linux, success!

On 07/05/2010 09:53 AM, Loki Davison wrote:
Hey All,
Thanks for the help with recording, they are on youtube!
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrLokiMissSeraphim

I've finally got VLC to work recording the videos, audio with straight
alsa, then mencoder to convert. I need to start recording them in the
correct aspect ratio for youtube though!

Next challenge, multi-track audio with ardour synced to multitrack
video and mix between the different videos of each instrument. Any
hints on an NLE?

Blender for multi track video and if you want audio too but I would suggest using blender only for the video and one of the many audio daws ardour, qtractor, muse, rosegarden, audacity for the multi track audio part. With blender 2.49 you can sync with a jack script but latest blender svn has native jack support.

There is also lumiera, cinelerra, avidemux, and several other multitrack video editors.

Also Robin Gareus has just released a patch for ardour3 that provides a native video timeline using xjadeo which needs testing if you are keen.

Cheers.

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd