Re: ASCAP Assails Free-Culture, Digital-Rights Groups

david wrote:

I like traditional New Orleans jazz. I like some jazz performers, but think that most could be replaced with no one noticing.

When someone says "traditional New Orleans jazz", for me that means the work of Jelly Roll Morton, Louis Armstrong, King Oliver, et cetera, *not* the later 'Dixieland' revival that henceforth defined "New Orleans jazz" for most listeners (unfortunately).

It don't get better than Armstrong on "West End Blues" or Jelly Roll's "King Porter Stomp". :)

Best,

dp