Re: opinions from (potential) user perspectives wanted

On Thu, 1 Jul 2010, James Morris wrote:

It's like a sequencer in that the user will be able to create rhythmic
patterns which lack pitch and velocity data, and almost like an
arpeggiator in that it will automatically generate the pitch and
velocity data from an algorithm - and unlike either a sequencer or
arpegiattor, it uses a 2d window-placement like algorithm to generate
pitch/velocity (mapping these to x/y).

The more I think about this... the more fun it sounds.

Have you considered doing an MDI interface? This way you can go back to spamming windows... but it stays contained in your applications MainWindow.

1) a basic 'timebase master' implementation which lacks tempo maps,
signature changes, etc, just enough to fire the app up and play around
with ideas (currently it does this).

When you say 'timebase master' -- do you mean Jack's timebase master? Or internal.

I'm invisioning something very simple and flexible. Something that pretty much keeps 1/4 time. Something that can also slave to the Jack transport.

However, I think if you try to make this into something that can be a reliable Jack transport master -- I think it would stop being fun. :-)

Peace,
Gabriel