Re: audacity urgent

Andrew C wrote:
Glad I could help.

Andrew.

On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 6:17 PM, Joep L. Blom <jlblom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:jlblom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Andrew C wrote:

        Hey Joep,

        This should be relatively simple. Just load up the two mono
        files (file  > import audio), click on their name labels and set
        one to Mono L and the other to Mono R. The previously grayed
        option 'make stereo track' should be clickable and there ya go!

        Andrew.

        On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 4:39 PM, Joep L. Blom
        <jlblom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:jlblom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
        <mailto:jlblom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:jlblom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>> wrote:

           I have a big problem at the moment with audacity. I want
        simply to
           mix 2 monotracks - recorded with the Zoom R16 - into one sterop
           track as I have to burn it to a CD (which has to be delivered
        tomorrow).
           I can do all sort of rasks to it however, the menu Projects is
           missing and - according to the manual  - there you can
        combine tracks.
           I'm running Ubuntu Karmic with audacity 1.3.9-6.
           Can anybody help me out?
           Thanks in advance

    Andrew!
    Thanks!! You made my day! I couldn't find it as the documentation is
    rather defect, at least I cannot find the things I want.
    Now I can save the tracks and burn my CD.
    Thanks again!
    Joep

All,
Yes it worked. I have the CD ready now will be delivered. Thanks for the information. For importing the Zoom files, I do it in Audacity and if you look into the files for one project there are - sometimes - many files but also one file (per track) which holds all te data. E. g. I record 2 piano's with 2 mike's (Rhode matched) and 2 lines ( as one is an electronic one at the moment) and I can mix all 4 tracks using audacity, or qtractor. Ardour is in my opinion such a large beast that for my simple requirements audacity is sufficient. I'm a complete newbie in the field of audio mixing and - as yet - don't understand all the advanced tools for compressing, filtering, etc. but I'm learning with trial & error!. Don't forget: the most important man/woman is the performer, not the sound-engineer! (of course I'm a musician).
Joep