Re: Software for recording digital audio?

On Wed, 23 Jun 2010, Kjetil S. Matheussen wrote:

Andrew C:

Wow, thanks for the replies guys!

Of the software mentioned here, my biggest wish is for syncability with JACK
transport, so I can send the output of one of the linuxsampler instruments
to the recording software, hit the play button from inside Rosegarden and
have a perfectly synced audio copy of one particular instrument output which
I can then drop back into the sequencer timeline and continue with another
section of the song, thereby freeing up system resources.

Of course, this rules out jack_capture I'm afraid!

Sorry, I got this feature request about 4 years ago, but haven't
implemented it. It should only be about 10-20 extra lines of
code. I'll do it very soon.

0.49 has this feature implemented. Use the "-jt" option.

It should be sample sync, but I'm not sure whether the last
block (the one that received a stop message from jack transport)
should be recorded? For now it's recorded. If that's wrong,
I'll fix it in the next release.