Re: Recording Beethoven's "Heroic"

Chris Edwards wrote:
Gabriel M. Beddingfield wrote:
On Thu, 17 Jun 2010, Jack O'Quin wrote:

Re: "Heroic"

All my life, I've known Beethoven's 3rd by its Italian name, "Eroica".

I think I always confused it with the English word "Erotica". LOL!
Me, too... especially when I would see pictures for the "Eroica Trio."
http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&source=imghp&q=eroica+trio

Ah, you've reminded me of Tom Weller's "Cvltvre Made Stvpid" book, which
along with this featured such classics as Mussorgsky's "Pictures of an
Exhibitionist", Purcell's "Trumpet Involuntary", Offenbach's "Orpheus in
His Underwear" and of course the Tacobell "Cannon". :^D  Priceless...

And let us not forget these timeless works of PDQ Bach:

The oratorio /The Seasonings

/The opera /Einstein On The Fritz/

The cantata /Gott sei dank, daß heute Freitag ist/

The /Pervertimento for Bicycle, Bagpipes, and Balloons
/
Not to mention "the /Toot Suite/, the /Grossest Fugue/, a /Fanfare for the Common Cold/, and the canine cantata /Wachet Arf!"

/(Thanks to the Wikipedia page on PDQB!)

Best,

dp

/
/