Re: Sustain pedal issue with undesired repeated notes (m-audio keystation 88es + qjackctl + qsynth)

On 08.06.2010 12:11, David Santamauro wrote:
Sorry, I re-read the initial post -- 4 notes, hrmmm. That points
to a hardware issue but aseqdump doesn't show additional events.

Although I haven't delved into the code, the translation of NOTE ON (0)
to NOTE OFF should be happening at a much lower level than user-space
software. There is one standard for midi note on/off and it is clear
that note on (0) must be interpreted as note off.
Ok, thanks for the precious details.

Have you tried playing it back through a different sound generator,
possibly external gear attached to your 20:0 port?
I don't own any external generator.
I've tested timidity a few months ago, but its latency was about a few seconds, horrible...!

Just as a test, what is registered when you route your keyboard into
kmidimon and route kmidimon into qsynth (all defaults, simple piano
patch)
   - does kmidimon show 1 note-on/note-off only
   - does qsynth output correctly?
I can't manage to do this because kmidimon doesn't show any output entry in qjackctl's "connections" panel. I found nothing to switch on/off into kmidimon configuration to do so... usually jack-aware-software show their input(s)/output(s) automatically in there, what's going wrong with my kmidimon?

Nicolas.