Re: the swinger

Hi Chris,

On Wed, 2 Jun 2010, Chris Cannam wrote:

Amusements aside though, I'm kind of ambivalent about this sort of
technology -- sure, it's a drug which gives you a great ecstatic high,
but hey, I've just spent ten minutes on something which turns an
unlimited amount of serious expressive work by other people into an
object of the briefest light entertainment.  I hope the future of
music technology is something more than just this.

I agree, and was thinking something similar... but I was also in a little amazement at how many people were responding to this little 'toy.'

Like it or not, musicians are dominated by this sort of externalism -- especially with respect to technology. In that respect, I'm finding that how it looks and feels means as much (or more to them) than how it /sounds/.

So, a little bit of this sort of PR for linux audio would be a Good Thing, IMHO.

-gabriel