Re: qjackctl fails to exit gracefully on UbuntuStudio 10.4

On Sun, 30 May 2010, John Ouzts wrote:
I recently did a fresh UbuntuStudio 10.4 amd64 install.  I found that I
could only
start qjackctl once without rebooting. When I attempted to close jackd with
the
Quit button on qjackctl, the next attempt to run it results in the following
message:

Since this was a clean install with very little added beyond ambdec,
tetraproc and mhwaveedit,
I don't have any explanation for this problem except bad karma between the
current UbuntuStudio
and qjackctl. On one occasion when starting the reboot, I got an error
message asking if I
wanted to wait for process Unknown to complete.

Are you getting bus errors from other programs and weird window and keyboard behavior in GNOME as well? I had something like this happening just yesterday, reading this gave some insight: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/jack-audio-connection-kit/+bug/491329

Exiting PA (pacmd exit) and deleting /dev/shm/pulse* before starting qjackctl seems to do the trick for me. I upgraded my Ubuntustudio from 9.10, so YMMV.

--
 Raine M. Ekman ...... raine@xxxxxx
 the Radio Project ... http://www.mikseri.net/artists/?id=36109&displ_lang=en