Re: Complete MIDI confusion

I'm confused, too. But I'm easily confused. I've never had to do anything else than run JACK to connect things up. (Well, ZynAddSubFX can still be uncooperative, but Yoshimi meets ZynAddSubFX fixes that.)

What "sequencer" are you using, Julian?

Aaron Krister Johnson wrote:
Hi,

It seems that I'm very confused by the whole jack MIDI system. Are
there some docs to refer to, as in a tutorial? I'm confused why Julien
needs to use so many Jack applications to set up a single MIDI
connection...it's certainly less involved with aconnect. And I've
certainly started jackd with -X and have access to alsa sequencers--so
why the other timer and bridge apps, etc?

Best,
AKJ