Re: Sending audio to another computer

Brett McCoy wrote:
On Sat, May 22, 2010 at 4:39 PM, Grant <emailgrant@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
There's a few ways, but AFAIK they depend on a local network being
available.
Well, you could put an extra nic in each computer and use netjack over that
while keeping the traffic off of the normal local network.
That would require setting one of the systems up as a router right?
If so, that's what I'll do, but I want to be sure there isn't a
simpler way.

If you don't want to use networking, you can have an inexpensive card
like M-Audio 2496 send SPDIF to the other machine for playback. Evn
some cheaper builtin sound cards now come with SPDIF output... I have
a HP machine I bought for cheap on eBay and it has a built-in SPDIF
output, and I send that to my Linux box which has the good soundcard
(RME) and big monitors.

My Behringer UCA202 USB soundcard has SPDIF output. The card cost about $20.

--
David
gnome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx