CLI audioplayer that'll fadeout on request

Hi

I need something to fill the load time in my live set. I thought about having prepared some transitions, but would like to be able to fadeout + stop them at will. Ideally I could do it all from a python script: pressing return would play the next transition in the "queue" and pressing return while playing would fadeout the currently playing transition, and prepare for playing the next one.

Any suggestions how to achieve this? If anything else fails I guess chuck could be used for this, but I'm looking for something a little more pre-cooked.

--
Atte

http://atte.dk   http://modlys.dk