Someone suggested trying KX Studio distro

Just tried it on my little synthesizer effects laptop (758MB, 2.8GHz Celeron, Intel video hardware), where the installed ArtistX .6 (based on Ubuntu Studio 8.04), and both Puredyne and newer versions of ArtistX work fine from live CD/DVD.

I just downloaded and burned a KXStudio DVD. It tests out fine when I boot from it and use the test media option, but it hangs with a black blank screen when I try to run it from DVD without installing.

I burned another copy, it also verifies fine, and also hangs when trying to run from DVD.

Guess it isn't quite ready yet. No way to report bugs at the kxstudio.sourceforge.net site, either, so will let author know along with this email.

--
David
gnome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx