Re: Distribution Usage?

On 05/13/2010 04:07 PM, Kevin Cosgrove wrote:
On 14 May 2010 at 0:33,<hollunder@xxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

I'm quite sure any distro can be used for audio, the specialized ones
have done some work for you, some are more up to date than others, some
mess things up one way or another. That's all there is IMHO.
You got that exactly right.  I'm trying to minimize my time and
effort from the time I start installing the new distribution to the
time that I can forget all the install and config work and get back
to music.  Sure, I could use Linux From Scratch, but it's not going
to meet the goal of getting back to music quickly.

This was my primary reason for settling on Fedora/CCRMA. Ubuntu Studio looked nice and had a huge feature set, but I just wanted JACK and Ardour with access to filters and effects. Now my DAW is just that; a DAW, not a distro config time-sink.

-Scott