Re: ANN: Jacker 2010.5.4

On 2010-05-05 10:34, Atte André Jensen wrote:

Looks really cool, will give it a try later!

Ok, I tried it a bit. Very minimal, but nice. Two questions:

1) I have a hard time finding noise making apps that runs under jack-midi. Could you (or anyone else) please list the must-haves with jack-midi. I especially need a "sampler" ala specimen, but also synths ala ams or zynaddsubfx.

2) I use and have used trackers alot. I appreciate the precise control they give over sample playback. But I'm not sure exactly what the benefits are when just keeping the interface, and having external software handle the audio, thus letting go of the tracker-style-control. Could you elaborate? Why should I use jacker over say dino?

--
Atte

http://atte.dk   http://modlys.dk