Re: Support for Novation SL Mk II ?

Clemens Ladisch wrote:
Michael Ost wrote:
I am interested in using the Novation SL Mk II keyboard with my fedora based linux system. The specs for the keyboard (http://www.novationmusic.com/products/sl_mkii?option=1) say that the USB port is not class compliant, that a driver is needed and is only provided for Windows and MacOS.

Has anyone gotten this keyboard to work in Linux?

Is there a way, in general, to use a USB midi keyboard that is not class compliant in Linux?

That depends on what protocol the device uses.

Other Novation devices are supported; if this device uses the same
protcol, it should be possible to get it to work by just adding its
ID to the driver.

I have some contacts at Novation, so I'll ask.

Which kernel module would have to be tweaked? "find . -name nova\*" in my 2.6.24 kernel source directory didn't turn up any likely names.

Thanks for the prompt reply!

Michael Ost