Re: Voice Synthesis

I use espeak and SuperCollider for all my robot choral needs.  The basic workflow is this:

Run a program in SuperCollider that:
     executes the appropriate espeak command, generating a WAV file
     imports the WAV file into a buffer
Then run SuperCollider synths, effects, etc. using that buffer.

Results are very good.  You could easily route SuperCollider to an effects processor using JACK if needed.  I can provide more details off-list if you like.

micromoog