Re: Elevation with Stereo?

Hello Philipp!
You can use csound - or possibly CLM or puredata or SuperCollider3 - to achieve tis. In csound I you can do it with the HRTF opcodes. They are designed for use with headphones. In csound you can also convert b-format signals to stereo, again best suited for headphones. I've done it a few times and the results weren't too bad. I used the b-format to stereo conversion, by some kind of standard formula and I converted some spekaer settings using HRTF, which gave very nice results. In the csound manual, which can be found online at csounds.com, search fr the spat3d opcode and see it's examples. There they convert the b-format 3d signal to stereo using the formula. The HRTF conversion is done using simple angle calculations and adding up signals. I can look it up and tell you, if you'd like to know.
  Kindly yours
            Julien

--------

http://ltsb.sourceforge.net