Re: diagrams of audio setup

On Sat, Apr 3, 2010 at 5:42 PM, Atte André Jensen <atte.jensen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi

I'm trying to document my non-trivial live-setup, and would like to traw
some flow charts of audio and midi routing. I tried dia, but it seems to
insist that one "box" can only have one "input" and one "output" (I'm
using the symbols from "flowchart".

Is there a way to do this in dia, or is there something better/different
that I should look at?

Hi Atte,

I also could never find a way to add new connection points in Dia. One way to get around this is to make composite objects consisting of a box for the actual object, and a small directional triangle for each input or output. The triangles then provide a connection point at the apex. You can build all of your studio objects in a master diagram, and then just copy and paste for each new studio diagram you wish to make. It takes a while getting it setup, but if you really want to work in Dia then it can be done this way. You can see what I mean here: http://i.imgur.com/N3meQ.png.

As David said, openoffice.org draw can also be used to make fairly sophisticated diagrams. It also lets you add additional connectors by using the gluepoints tool, so it may be faster.

-michael