Digitech gnx4 (guitar effects) as a usb audio device

A few years ago I used to use my gnx4's usb interface to capture the audio from the pedal. at some point before 2.6.20, I don't remember the kernel the regression originally happened in, It stopped "just working", and only a usb device was detected, but it wasn't accessable to use, and now is no longer recognized as even being plugged in. I'm trying to figure out if my hardware is now bad, or if other people noticed this behavior, and I should dig into it some more.

Nathanael