Re: SOLVED: CENSORING public archives (Was: Problem post)

Am 02.02.2010 um 13:40 schrieb Luke Peterson:

Wow, this seems like a fantastic idea if your goal is to scare the crap out of the commercial manufacturing side of the digital audio world, cause hesitation in further participation in the linux/open source community, and get an individual contributor to the community fired from his job/sued.

Muse makes interesting, helpful products, has a lot of valuable IP invested in computer audio production, and as a result of this exchange very likely are about to institute a corporate policy dictating their employees never contribute any of that knowledge to public forums such as this.

Nice work.

Although I am totally with you on that the posting should be removed from the official archive, which has happened by now, I can understand the furor.

Being p###ed off by and avoiding NDAs is one of the founding myths of the free software movement:

You can easily find the famous "printer story" in the text by searching it for "tym".

It's good to see Michael's problem solved.

- Burkhard

-----
Luke Peterson

On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 7:29 AM, Marc-Olivier Barre <marco@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, 01 Feb 2010 13:31:33 -0500, Ivica Ico Bukvic <ico@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Marc, this is a top priority matter. Could you please look into t before
> te end of the day?
>
> Many thanks!
>
> Ico
>
> Michael Ost <most@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>Hi Marc,
>>
>>Can you help me delete a post please? We are under threat of a lawsuit
>>because of it, so I'm eager to get this resolved. Help?
>>
>>Cheers,
>>
>>Michael Ost
>>
>>Ivica Ico Bukvic wrote:
>>> Michael,
>>>
>>> I am forwarding this to Marc who is in charge of mailing lists.
>>>
>>> Hope this helps!
>>>
>>> Marc, please see below.
>>>
>>> Best wishes,
>>>
>>> Ivica Ico Bukvic, D.M.A.
>>> Composition, Music Technology
>>> Director, DISIS Interactive Sound & Intermedia Studio
>>> Director, L2Ork Linux Laptop Orchestra
>>> Assistant Co-Director, CCTAD
>>> CHCI, CS, and Art (by courtesy)
>>> Virginia Tech
>>> Dept. of Music - 0240
>>> Blacksburg, VA 24061
>>> (540) 231-6139
>>> (540) 231-5034 (fax)
>>> ico@xxxxxx
>>> http://www.music.vt.edu/faculty/bukvic/

Hello all,

Given the nature of this discussion, I am CCing the linux-audio-user
mailing list since this is about deleting legitimate content from the
archives because of a company that produces some of those shitty software
locks. I'm not gonna go easy on this.

First of all, let me remind you, and every linux-audio-user member out
there that the archives *ARE PUBLIC*, and thus what you post here will be
eventually readable by the *WHOLE WORLD*.

Read this again: the archives *ARE PUBLIC*, and thus what you post here
will be eventually readable by the *WHOLE WORLD*
Once more just to make sure: the archives *ARE PUBLIC*, and thus what you
post here will be eventually readable by the *WHOLE WORLD*

Deleting the post is not going to happen, I am only willing to censor the
one post that poses an issue provided the name of the company is mentioned
on a censor banner inside the post. The least we can do with such a case is
add a little public humiliation to this.

Also I would like to say that this is the one and only time that this
happens. Next time, the original poster will face the legal consequences. I
hope this is crystal clear to every one reading.

Just to make sure we are talking about the right post, is it this one ?
http://lists.linuxaudio.org/pipermail/linux-audio-user/2007-January/041742.html

I will not even read a reply that does not include the linux-audio-user
list in CC.

Cheers,
--
Marc-Olivier Barre