Re: [OT] Unistalling programs

> On Fri, 2010-01-15 at 16:11 +0000, Marco Castorina wrote:
> > Hi there,
> >  maybe for many of you this is an easy task, but I still don't know
> > a way of disinstalling programs installed by src (that is not using
> > deb packages, as I'm on Ubuntu). Of course they don't appear
> > in synaptic and, even looking  around the web, I didn't find any
> > working solution.
> >
> > Any ideas or suggestions?
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> >
> > Marco
> >
> Most of the time, simply "make uninstall" in the directory you compiled
> it in. Why are you installing from source? There's disadvantages with
> that approach, especially if you're not sure what's happening.

Thanks all for replies. I usually have to install from source because packages
are not provided and I like to try new application. What I have to do
is a little bit of cleaning before re-arranging my envinronment in a better way
Target is making music, of course :-). Anyway, I think I will use Peter suggestion,
so that I won't need to keep all the sources I compile from.

Thanks again and have a nice week-end!