Re: vinyl import to FLAC

Still strange that Audacity crashes when selecting a different
recording device...

Thanks,
Martin

Did the same thing (on linux) when selecting JACK as input/output.

Yes, I have seen some instability in that application, which I've used
fairly frequently over the years, relative to hardware selection.  I've
gotten hard hangs, I believe in both the Linux and the OS X versions,
when selecting a hardware option that it doesn't "like."

Still, it's an excellent application, with all that it does right "out
of the box," and in regards interface design and toolset, and
configuration options...or, simply, the way the program handles.
Depending on your workflow and need for effects, using Ardour sessions for each record might also be an option.

Bests
Lorenzo